Main Weight Lost - Since 2006

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Personal accounting of diet history for the past 5 years.

Here is my personal diet history I had to summit to my insurance company.

January 2004 thru December 2004 – I did not precipitate in any formal diet. I did try to avoid eating fast food and watch out on the carbohydrates. I was a working full time and going to college. With my busy schedule, it was easy on some days, and hard on others. I had to eat on the road and fast food was the easiest choice to make. Of course, I did not enjoy the meal because I gobbled it down. It was difficult for me do any aerobic exercise due to long-term knee problem. I was fortuning enough to precipitate in beginning swimming, which enables me to get some cardio three times a week for six weeks. I was able to lose about 20 pounds, but when the holidays came around I slipped back into my old habits and gained the 20 pounds back plus approximately 35 more.

March 2005 thru August 2005 – I attempted again to lose the weight. I bought the Michael Thurmond's 6 Week Body Makeover weight lost plan, it was a dismal failure. I was not very ready to commit to any weight loss plan but I stuck it out for a month and lost around 12 pounds before falling off the wagon. Then I tried the Slimfast diet for 3 months, again it was a dismal failure. Eating a lot of the same kind of thing, in this case a diet drink became tedious and boring for me. Over time, I tend rebelled against the habit and give up on dieting completely.

September 2006 thru March 2008 - Things turning bad to worse, wearing clothes became uncomfortable, sitting in a plane seat is out of the question, and it is hard to breath just walking short distances or up a flight of stairs. My highest weight was 480 pounds; I have high blood pressure and high gluclose levels. My primary doctor prescribed me 2000 mgs of Metformin and 37.5 mgs of Phentermine. I was order to be on a low carbohydrate diet (Atkins) and start and walking regimen 3 times a week. After an up and down fight with my weight, I was able to lose 90 pounds. Over time, I had to stop taking Phentermine due to no sleep and body shakiness. In January 2008, I developed very high cholesterol and was order to take Simvastatin and cut down on eating meat. Due to a minor knee injury and busy work schedule, I stopped my walking regimen. At the end of my Atkins Diet, I begin to gain the weight back fast.

April 2008 to July 2009 – Now, I have to walk with two knee braces for time to time. With my desk job occupation, it seems everything I eat makes me weight gain. I am back up to 430 pounds and my cholesterol is still high. I have a hard time avoiding fast food meals and cheap high calories junk food. I eat many foods with white bread, white rice and flour tortillas. I still gobble my food down, even when I am not in a hurry, which develops my acid reflux. My old eating habits it slowing kill me, so I am looking forward for the lap band to guide me to a healthier lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment